Equipped with a Certificate in Paralegal Studies and experience gleaned from a newspaper career that spanned more than two decades, Alexandra Bogdanovic is uniquely qualified to provide research, writing, proofreading and editing services for law firms of all sizes.
Bogdanovic earned her paralegal certificate from Pace University after completing a rigorous, one-year course of study in July 2015. In addition to mastering fundamental legal research and writing skills, she specialized in business, family and criminal law.
As a journalist, she worked at daily, weekly and twice-weekly newspapers in Connecticut, New York and Virginia from 1991 to 2013. One of her greatest challenges was covering the immediate aftermath of 9/11 for a local newspaper in Rye, NY. Bogdanovic also received professional acclaim for her coverage of poor emergency response to a bomb threat at an elementary school in Rye.
In 2004, Bogdanovic’s career took her to Warrenton, Va., where she worked at a weekly newspaper for more than eight years. During this time, she wrote news and feature stories about all aspects of public safety including but not limited to local, county and state law enforcement. She also provided thorough coverage of local courts, including significant criminal and civil cases.
Relevant skills and qualifications derived from this experience include:
- Superior writing skills.
- Proven ability to understand and disseminate complex or technical information in a clear, concise and accurate fashion.
- The ability to meet immediate and long-term deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues on special projects.
- Familiarity with criminal and civil court procedures.
- Familiarity with legal terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to form effective working relationships with judges, attorneys and other participants in the judicial system.
Academic credentials include:
Pace University (online). July 2015
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies with focus on criminal, family and business law.
- GPA – 3.7 (90.75 percent).
Manhattanville College, Purchase NY. June 1991
- Bachelor of Arts in English with a concentration in writing.
- Minors: Sociology and Political Science.
- GPA – 3.42
Greenwich Adult and Continuing Education (online). January 2016
- Achieving Top Search Engine Positions (Six-week class).
Greenwich Adult and Continuing Education (online). November 2015
- Building WordPress Websites (Six-week class).
- Creating Web Pages (Six-week class).
Bogdanovic was an affiliate member of the Central Connecticut Paralegal Association, where she contributed to the newsletter, ParaPhrase; and the National Federation of Paralegal Associations from 2015 to 2016. In her spare time, she enjoys volunteering at a local animal shelter.